Blue Blog

This blog will chronicle a diary I kept from December 1970 through June 1970 when I was 13 years old. I will also post pictures that pertain to the entries made during that month. The pictures will be ones that I think are representative of what was happening in my life at the time. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 03, 2005

June 1970

June 1, 1970
Today was church and I went to Michele's house for dinner. Auntie Jean, Greg and Cherie came over to visit. Elder D couldn't come because he was at family camp in Wawona (Yosemite).

Michele fixed my hair in long curls, and she also did Ranele's.

I stayed over night and we didn't go to sleep until 12:00.

I had fun.

June 2
Today was Sunday and we had to do the washing. That took all morning. In the afternoon we went to L's to play with the kittens. We could only stay for 15 minutes. One of the kittens "Lady Bug" looked just like a cat I used to have "Snowball". He was so cute.

On the way back we stopped to show Ranele the Monastery and some boys who were rowing a boat told us how to get in, but we didn't have a flashlight.

At 3:00, I went home and goofed off.

June 3
Today was Monday, yuck. Oh well, it's the last week of school - yeah! It was blah though.

I have poison oak all over my face from Friday because some hit me in the face (duh).

I didn't have to do P.E. because I left my uniform at home.

We were going to go to the Monastery, but we couldn't. I don't think we ever will.

My mom was in a really bad mood tonight. She was making me sick. Oh well.

June 4
Today was Tuesday and I had to have a piano lesson. The last one for the year - yeah! I asked my teacher to get me a "Blue Danube Waltz" - sheet music - a harder version.

Everthing is graduation and studying for final tests.

After school tonight, we went to a swimming party at Jon's. Afterwards we ate. We had an Enchilada -Taco feed. Jon had some grape juice (grape juice in a wine bottle). I didn't have any. The food was delicious.

June 5
I must have gotten off a few days - because today is Friday - Oh well. All we did was have tests and blah. And everybody getting mad at you. I can hardly stand it. Oh well only 1 1/2 days left. Thank goodness.

Jackie is so mad at me she could die (I think it's funny). And I can't stand Michele - she makes me sick.

June 6
Today was church and I went. I was Superintendent. At home I just goofed off all afternoon, but I put up my bulletin board on Hawaii, because my cousins are coming from there soon.

Tonight they had skating and nobody was there, so I imitated Stanley - a guy who can't skate very well. Afterwards, Bob, a guy who goes to recreation, was teasing me. He even called me his girlfriend (whoopie). He really skates good and fast. So I guess we match, except he's too old (18 or 19). He chased me in his pickup - really stupid, you know.

June 7
Today was Sunday and I cleaned my room up all day. Cheryle asked me to come to her house in the afternoon, so I did. We just goofed off.

Tonight was class night and me and Cheryle walked to Mr. H's house. It was sorta fun. Staci is soo cute, so is Timmie and he was letting everybody hold him and he talked so cute. But I got sorta sick. Well, I guess I had better go.

P.S. Mr H took me on his motorcycle. It was fun. He kept on jerking it, and I almost fell off.

June 8
No entry

June 9
Well today was the last day of school and they had all the track and field events. I didn't participate. We got out of school at 12:00 and I got my hair done at 2:00 for graduation. It's all in long curls. I love it.

Well, tonight was the big night. Mr B took my pictures - 7 of them. Uncle Winnie spoke. It was OK.

The reception was fun. Jimmy is leaving tonight for the mission field (Phillipines), and everbody was kissing him, especially Tracy. I didn't though.

My sewing machine came in - just in time. Oh I love it. I also got a pincussion from Mrs. F (Home Ec teacher - and Michele's mom), and a bottle of perfume from Debra. It smells real good. Well bye from a big night.

June 10
Today was Wednesday and I had to get up at 6:45 to go to my job - picking berries (Ollalie) - yuck. The berries are really terrible. I'm going to try to get a job someplace else. I only got 6 at $.75/crate. the berries are so bad, they can't be used for Market - they have to be used as freezer berries. Everybody else got only 5 crates, so I did pretty good, I think.

We got groceries tonight and then I got my diploma and report card. I did pretty good. I think I got my diploma first.

June 11
Today was Thursday and we had to pick berries again. yuck. It was really terrible today, all we did was goof off. I only picked 4 crates. I'd better do better tomorrow, although I'm only picking for half a day.

I don't think I have anything else to say. I didn't go to recreation tonight, because I didn't feel like it.

June 12
Today was Friday and I picked 4 crates in the morning. We only picked in the morning. All I did was goof off.

My cousins are coming tomorrow and Jerry and Rosalie aren't coming though - shoot. Oh well, maybe on the way back. Well, at least Nellie (Natalie) is coming.

June 13
Today was church and my counsins came from Hawaii at 9:10. They dropped us off at church so early, I was really mad.

I like Johnny best this time, because Jerry couldn't come. He's in Hawaii picking pineapples. He really wanted to come though.

June 14
No entry

June 15
Today was Monday and I had to go pick currants (yuck). Oh well, it was fun. I saw a lot of guys from last year. Matthew, he's really neat. I like him. And this new guy named Jon. He's really cute, but nasty. He calls me "sexy". I came home and we p (didn't finish and crossed most of this entry out)

June 16
The cousins left today.

June 17
No entry

June 18
No entry

June 19
No entry

June 20
No entry

June 21
Sorry I haven't written. I just didn't feel like it.

I got some material on Wednesday for two pair of pants and two blouses. So I made a pair of pants this morning and I went to Susan's because we went to the beach. We had fun there, just Mike (Sue's boyfriend), Sue and me. Sue got really burned, but I didn't too bad. I've got a good tan on my lower arms and face.

Some stupid man at the beach lost his pants - it was really funny.

June 22
Ugh berries again.

Jon and Henry didn't come - surprise! It was kinda fun without them - it was the end of the patch - so we just goofed off. I only got three crates. I also got a really bad burn on my shoulders and legs.

We got off at 2:30, so I went to Donna's house until 3:45.

That is the last entry.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home