Blue Blog

This blog will chronicle a diary I kept from December 1970 through June 1970 when I was 13 years old. I will also post pictures that pertain to the entries made during that month. The pictures will be ones that I think are representative of what was happening in my life at the time. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

April 1970

April 1, 1970
Today was April Fools Day. Ron was the April Fool in our room (who else?). I had to go to choir, yuck! I'm going to be in our church choir - that's three choirs I will be in (8th grade, 9 & 10 grade, and church!

I don't have even one paper missing in math (surprise).

I finished "Dunbar's Cove" today.

The 9th graders said that somebody poured Ajax all over and moved the clock, and hid the podium, and papers. It was funny.

I saw the (part) boy choir it was OK at the meetings tonight. I get a Uke for my birthday!

April 2
Today was Thursday and tomorrow we have a Living test, yuck. and I haven't studied. Oh no! I've got to pass!

Today in Reading, I was putting my art on the test and stupid old EW told me to sit down, but I didn't, so he told me to go outside, so I did and he asked me when I wanted a whipping and I said "after school", so he told me to go to the office, so I had to stay there through the whole period. I didn't get a whipping, but he told the class I was the first girl he would give a whipping to. It was funny. I had a BLAST at recreation. "My song" is "Lollypop"

April 3 (* don't read - friends)
Today was Friday, thank goodness.

We got out of the Living test because we gave Mrs. H a baby shower (our teacher's wife). I think she enjoyed herself. We got her a carrier, a quilt, and a diaper bag. She needed them all. Mrs. H takes care of a boy named Mark (today was his birthday - he was 1). He was so funny.

At church tonight, a boy in the seventh grade sat by me. He said he liked me in a note. He's ugly, but he's funny and O.K., not stupid and dumb like Ron. (* go to back of book) *Otis.

April 4
Today was church, and I went home with Cheryle. We had fun even if we did have to do the dishes. Then we went for a walk where we met this dog and it charged me, but got cherlye. Boy were we scared. We went for a drive to the Boardwalk where we watched the people. Cheryle's parents like to do that.

At the meeting, Cheryle got baptized. Well, Bi

April 5
Today was Sunday and I have a big old blood blister on the bottom of my foot.

I goofed off all morning and fixed my sandals.

This afternoon, I went with Cheryle to decorate for the birthday potluck. It's real neat, they have twelve tables, one for every month and then a person decorates them - cool. I went there tonight. I sat at August, even if my birthday is in July.

April 6
Today we started Week of Prayer. MBA has it. It was pretty good. I was supposed to get my Uke today, but the store was closed.

The boy (* Otis) in the "you know what" room was sick today, so I told somebody to tell him to "get well"

Tonight was pathfinders and we had to go sell candy. I didn't have to talk so that was good. We came to Mike's house - it's real nice. I didn't know he wasn't a member of our church. I just took it for granted that he was. He's gone to our school ever year. We made $6.00 (Cheryle and me). I jump roped 298 times - Michele did 406.

April 7
Today was Tuesday and I got my uke - it's just like Cheryle's. Now all I have to do it get a book.

My dad paid the dollar for the camping trip on Saturday. The boy (*Otis) from the seventh grade is going.

Tonight was the PE program - it was terrible. I didn't have to do anything, but be referee and Mr H. did that. Oh yes, I had to have prayer - yuck. It was terrible. Mr H goes "lucky you" like he always does - oh well.

April 8
My mom says I can't go to Illinois with Debra, but I'll try to persuade her to let me. We had choir practice at 12:30 instead of Home Ec., and I wanted to get my dress done. Oh well.

In PE the girls always unsnap your PE suits - It's so maddening - especially in front of the boys.

I have my choir robe picked out 45 inches (I think).

Mom has a small ulcer and that's all she thinks or talks about.

Boy, I'm sure sleepy and it's only 7:45. Oh well.

April 9
Today was Thursday and a smart (dumb) guy named Ted from MBA had the Week of Prayer. He talks Hippie language.

In reading we played a 12 minute baseball game.

In P.E. we also played baseball.

Cheryle is spending the night tonight, so we fixed some tacos - it was fun. We went to recreation and I played Billy 88:90 in ping pong because we didn't want Otis to play. Otis is going to teach me how to play the guitar and Uke. Bi

April 10
Finally, today was Friday, and it was the last day of Week of Prayer by the MBA group.

Cheryle came home with me and had dinner with us and Otis let me borrow his book on how to play the guitar for my Uke. I just use the last three strings.

At 12:30 we went to practice for our tomorrow's choir thing. I wore a size 45 robe (so did Donna) and I had to stand by Greg. I came home and baked some brownies. I hope they're good.

April 11
Today was church and I had to play the piano, but there were so many people the 8, 9, and 10th grade choir sang for church and Otis sat on the second row. He said he was going to give me a guitar (Uke) lesson.

Tonight we had the Student-Faculty basketball game - students won (of course) then the LLU choir sang - it was OK. Then the movie "Summer Magic". It was real good.

I went on the Pathfinder campout, but the boys and girls didn't sleep close, so I didn't get the guitar lesson after all.

April 12
I didn't sleep very well last night - I froze. We camped at the campgrounds. The boys came over before we went to the beach, and we got to talk to them. Then we went on a walk to see the horses, it was sorta fun. We had corn dogs for dinner (yum), then the boys came back, but they didn't stay very long.

The clan (Michele, Cheryle, Ranele, and me) went to a cave where the boys had been, but we couldn't find it. When we came back all four of us got in the trunck and we got Michele's mom shook up.

I saw Walt Disney etc. It was good.

April 13
Yuck, today was Monday. We made $152.78 on that movie - not counting what we have to take off.

Surprise! I got 83 on the Living test over 135, so I got a C (or B). I rode the bus tonight too.

We had Pathfinders tonight, even if we did have a campout.

We practiced jumping rope - I did 200 and Michele did 798 (I think).

Steve B wants Otis to get jealous of him, so he called me up and asked me if I would do something that starts with a K. He also wants me to get rid of Cheryle.

The lady almost has my vest done.

April 14
I got 45 out of 50 on my unit 6 History test, but it was really easy.

I had to pitch in baseball. I'm on Loraines team.

In Religion, we had to taste these things to see you're a "taster" or a "non-taster". I'm a "taster" - so is my dad and brother. my mom and grandparents are "non-tasters"

Otis made a radio - it's kinda weird (of course - he's weird anyway) it has three speakers - but I didn't get to see it well.

April 15
Today was Wednesday, and we had to take a stupid old math test. I didn't do about 6 of them. (I didn't have time).

In Home Ec, I only got a B- and I think I should have gotten a better grade than that - oh well.

I rode the bus again tonight. It was ok.

Otis called me three times tonight, and he was kinda making me sick, he's so funny!

I got a blouse for the jumper I made in Home Ec. and a sweater. the old lady finished my vest - I really like it. I got an ice cream tonight.

April 16
No Entry

April 17
No Entry

April 18
Today was church, and the youth had class and church - so we all sat in the main auditorium.

I got a book today "Twelve Angels from Hell". It's good - another one by Davie Wilkerson.

We went for a ride down by the beach, then we came back. I let Murtle swim around for awhile, etc.

April 19
Today just wasn't my day. First of all my mom bawled me out about my room and sassing her, etc. So she said I couldn't get the suitcase.

Then at the flea market, I dropped a goblet and broke it, but I didn't have to pay for it.

Then I came home and Murtle was gone. We looked everywhere for her. Then I accidently stepped on her. I thought she was dead - so I cried for an hour. But she's not dead.

At the Science Fair - Otis kept on getting me things, etc. Then I had to be in a Home Ec fashion show - showing the dresses that we made. It was absolutely horrid! I helped in the fish pond - that was fun.

April 20
Today was Monday and there wasn't any school because of Parent-Teacher Conferences. I got pretty good grades. I got a B- in math. I think that is the best I have EVER done!

I went to Jody's house today and we went to the Aptos Pet Shop and looked at the animals.

In the afternoon, we walked to the beach (1 mile), but it was windy - so we came back.

We watched a real cool movie "The Endless Summer" on surfing. These boys followed the summer around the world searching for the perfect wave, which they found - it was cool. Makes me want to learn how to surf.

April 21
I got on the bus with Jody.

Forget it.

Bi (peace symbol)

April 22
Today was Wednesday and I didn't have to go to choir because we saw a movie on first aid.

Otis came and picked me up this morning and walked me home. I don't like him as well as I did.

In Home Ec, Mrs. F had Mrs. B give a lecture on how to be a lady etc. It was ok.

Me and my mom are planning a trip to Yosemite one of these weekends. We will go by bus and sleep in a Motel. I would rather go by car and sleep in a tent. Oh well.

April 23
No Entry

April 24
No Entry

April 25
Today was church and we had it in the gym at school because it was the 50th Anniversary. The choir had to sing - it was sick - everyone said so.

Well, Cheryle, Susan and I went on our 10 mile hike from Loma Prieta - Where Debbie S used to live. I'm dead.

Tonight was the 50th anniversary program. Mr M (The one that spanked Cheryle and Michele). it was OK.

Otis kept hanging around me - making me sick. I can't stand him. We met this guy named Dennis - we kept waving at him.

April 26
Today was Sunday and all I did was goof off - reading a book or two. Grandma is going to be put into a Nursing Home this week.

I played the Uke and then went to watch the movie "Almost Angels" at Susan's "Walt Disney". It was goof. Fredy is so cute - his real name is Dennis. He looks kinda like Dennis E - he's real cute too.

April 27
Today was Monday and I got 73 on the Religion test, which is a B. Pure luck, but it was an easy test.

We get to sit down in choir now - surprise!

In P.E. we got to do whatever we wanted to, so we played jump rope - it was ok.

In Pathfinders, we were playing spy outside - it was real cool

Mrs. V ended up taking me home because I was so scared!

Michele, Ranele and I get to sleep in Mrs. V tent - it's going to be really fun!

She took us shopping for the food for the camporee. What a blast. We aren't going to sleep with her after all because all the counselors are.

April 28
Today was Tuesday. It was the usual drag - Religion (test), Math (study for big test tomorrow), Spelling, English (test), Music (choir with Mrs. P yelling), Lunch (blah - Jackie pee'd her pants), First Aid - practice for investiture, Reading (SRA and EW yelling), History (nothing), P.E. (workup). We had to give worship for the little kids. I had second grade - I played the piano.

April 29
Today was Wednesday and we had the big Conference test. It was really easy - then we went out and played volley ball during math class. Our side won (naturally)

Grandma went to the Nursing Home today and griped all day they say. In Home Ec, we had a test from what Mrs B talked about last week.

April 30
Today was Thursday. Religion (Missionary Volunteer (M.V.) cards (I'm done), Math (study for test tomorrow), Spelling - English (same blah), Music (Mrs. P reading about Mozart), Recess (cheered for our team volley ball ( playing for a party)), First Aid (quiz), Reading (blah), History (went to the library to work on report), P.E. (baseball - I caught a fly ball), Afternoon (played baseball with Doug, Troy, and another boy and me - Troy and I won 7-0.

Went shopping instead of recreation.

Repacked for Camporee

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home