Blue Blog

This blog will chronicle a diary I kept from December 1970 through June 1970 when I was 13 years old. I will also post pictures that pertain to the entries made during that month. The pictures will be ones that I think are representative of what was happening in my life at the time. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

March 1970

March 1, 1970
Today is Sunday and I started making my dress, but I got stuck on the collar. I finished the vest. Sue came over at 3:00 and we skated until 5:00. At 5:30 we took my brother to a party.

Dad and I went to the Lundy's to watch TV. We got tired of that, so John and his sister and I went outside to watch the stars (ha! ha!). We looked at houses on their 300 power telescope. Man everything looks cool. I thought I saw somebody, but perhaps not.

Babe (my cat) is exploring. She tried to get Murtle (my turtle), but I hit her. Well bi.

March 2
Today was Monday, with the same old drag. Mrs. P was there so we had choir.

This afternoon I had to write that stupid old theme for stupid old M.R. G. I rode the bus home tonight, cause stupid Ron was going to call and ask me a question, that I would answer NO to. He did call too - three times - so I'm glad I wasn't home!

I went to Pathfinders even if I didn't want to. We had soap craft. I like Stephen, the new pastor's son. He's in the seventh grade. He's cute. I said bi to him (whoopie) he doesn't like me.

March 3
No entry.

March 4
Today was Wednesday. In Home Ec. I let Susan use my sewing machine, cause I felt sorry for her, so I didn't get mine done. We had to ref. for P.E. cause we are out of the tournament (good).

I got a letter from the San Diego zoo on how to feed my turtle.

We went up town to get some things and I took Murtle in the store. Bi.

March 5
Today in choir, I was so mad cause I always stand on the bottom and I sing better on the top. My stupid dress is sick. I go the collar in right - but it is still wrong, so I have to cut some more and start all over. It makes me so mad.

We bought groceries tonight and I got Murtle some ground beef too. Bi.

March 6
Today was Friday, thank goodness. I made it through the day.

I made an applesauce cake with caramel apple frosting that tastes like caramel with the apples - delicious.

The meetings at church started tonight, they were good.

I had Murtle under my pillow and I was going to bed and forgot all about her, when I remembered, I was kinda scared. But she's OK. then I had to write in here. bi.

March 7
Today was Church and I had to play the piano (as usual). I'm superintendent next week. Tracy showed slides for our lesson today. At 2:00 Michele called and said she got a letter from Bernd (her penpal from East Germany). He isn't too good looking, but his letters are cute. Then we went and passed out papers for the meetings.

I went to the meetings again tonight, they were about Daniel's dreams and heaven. It was real good.

March 8
Today, I had to clean my room. My mom still wasn't satisfied. Then she helped, I should say yelled, at me over the dress. But she put the collar on for me. I helped a tiny bit. I'm going to wear it tomorrow. I love it. I wrote to Evar today and to a girl in the Phillipines.

I fed Murtle his new diet today. He didn't eat very much.

I went to the meetings tonight. Me and Michele went downstairs and looked at some slides for the lesson.

March 9
Today was the 8th grade field trip. It was OK. We went to the church administrative offices in San Jose and then we went to the rose gardens to eat. But they weren't in bloom. We then went to the Rosecruiscian museum of Egypt. It had all kinds of mummies and trinkets from tombs. They showed us through the tomb of a nobleman. It was good, even for a replica. It looked so real. they had a replica of the rosetta stone and the tower of babel. The building even looked like Egyptian houses.

The talent program was tonight. Brenda W got first place (her brother made the song and the music up). It was good. Michele and Ranele got second place. Their costumes were really cute - they sang "The Lonely Goatherd" from the Sound of Music.

March 10
Today was Tuesday, so I had my piano lesson. I didn't get any new songs.

I got 20/20 on the spelling test, so I got an A+.

I flunked the math test so I can't be in choir anymore. I'm kinda glad.

We got new jobs today. I have blackboards.

In PE Cindy Z's team won by 1 point. Their team hasn't lost one game.

I took a bath tonight, ate really fast, and went to the meeting with my hair all wet. bi.

March 11
Today I had to do some of my papers over for Mr. H. I have such a bad cold from Monday. It was so cold. My nose is all red and I can't breath very well.

In Home Ec., I almost finished my dress. I will in two weeks.

After school, I wanted to make my granny hat, but I forgot my sewing machine, so I went to school to get it, boy was Billy H mad. I said "hi" he said, "what do you want?" I walked in and got the machine and walked out.

I went to the meeting and stupid ole Ron sat by me, so I sat by Susan (I hate him). I like my hat. I'm still wearing it. Bi.

March 12
Today, I got a B on the math test. It wasn't hard at all, even Susan got a C.

Michele was squirting me with the eyedropper, so Mr. H gave us a five hundred word theme on "how to behave in the classroom". If we misspelled even one word, we have to rewrite it 500 times. Michele stayed after school, and we were messing around with some little boys, Kevin and Ray, and we found some candy.

Today was the Bible Conference.

Everybody wants a hat like mine. I would have gone to recreation but Ron went, so I wouldn't.

March 13
Today was Friday the thirteenth and everything went wrong! We got our grades for the half quarter, I'm doing average.

In Chapel, they had a pretty good one, a guy told some stories about World War II.

After school Mr. H corrected our themes and said I copied and I didn't even see Michele's except for the last paragraph. And I told Mr. H that. And Michele almost had 5 cows. I hate her and Mr. H.

I baked a cake, but didn't put any of that old frosting on it.

At the meeting stupid Mr. H buns wouldn't let me sit in the balcony, but I did anyway. Then we went to the little kids room.

March 14
Today was church and I was superintendent. The MBA choir had a concert for church, I sat by Cheryle, it was good. After church I read the "Guide", then I read "Tom Sawyer". I asked Verna if I could read it. It's pretty good.

I frosted the cake with what little bit of sugar I had.

I started making another one of those hats, this one is reversible. I went to the little meeting "brats". I held this cute baby and he pooped and it got all over my hand. Oh well, I can't win them all. The end.

March 15
Today was Sunday, so I didn't get up early. I made that hat, but it's too big. I fed Murtle this morning, boy he sure ate a lot.

I finished reading "Tom Sawyer" and I will read "Huck Finn" next.

I made a map of National City, around where we lived and I went. Aunt Betty called today, cause it was her birthday. Mom made some bread today. It was OK.

I went to the meeting and I almost fell asleep, but I made it through.

I had some popcorn tonight, and I read "Sisters"

School tomorrow, Yuck.

Well, by.

March 16
We are studying square roots in school. They're not that bad.

I convinced Mr. H into letting me go to choir. We have to sing at S church on the 4th of April. We saw a movie on the life of John Glenn, it was pretty good.

We started tumbling (gymnastics) in PE. So far, it's not too bad.

I'm reading "Huck Finn", at home now, but it's not as good as Tom Sawyer.

I went to Pathfinders tonight, I made a bear in soap craft. Michle made a real nice thing, a vest like thing, it's pretty. Bi.

March 17
Today was the last day until Spring vacation. Yippie!!!

Yeah, Ron got a whipping for cussing. He always does!

I went to the meeting tonight and took care of the little "brats"!!

Bi.

March 18
Today was the first day of Spring Vacation (whoopie). I went to the eyeball doctor and I have to get new glasses - I'm getting round ones.

I read Huck Finn and put away stamps, then I played with Murtle.

I went to the meeting tonight. I sat with Debra. I also watched a movie on drugs, it was ok.

March 19
Today was Natalie's birthday (my cousin), I wonder if she had fun? I put away stamps this morning and read "Huck Finn"

I went skating this afternoon, but it got boring, so I played the piano.

Elder C (Duane), came to OUR house to talk to grandma.

He was at recreation, but I didn't go, I went to buy groceries.

March 20
Today was Friday, I put away stamps all morning, and cleaned my room. I wrote to somebody in Burma too.

Today was grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary. When grandma got her hair done (she thought mom was going to work), we fixed up the table real nice and pretty. When grandma came into the house we snapped a picture. She sure was surprised, she wasn't expecting anything. We had a big meal and grandma sure enjoyed herself.

I went to the meeting tonight, my 11th, but I didn't get my Bible. I helped babysit.

March 21
Today was Saturday, and at church we found out all about Easter and Christmas, it was interesting.

This afternoon, I put some wildlife seals in a booklet, and wrote to a girl in India, but the Post Office was closed, so I hope she gets it pretty soon.

I went to the meeting and I got my "Good News for Modern Man" Bible.

I babysat the little kids, they were a little better, but they were about 12 babysitters, it's kinda maddening.

March 22
This morning, I made some biscuits. I ate all of them except one. I let grandpa have it.

I fed Murtle, she ate quite a bit.

This afternoon, we went to the Village Faire. It was blah! Then we went all over.

Tonight I didn't go to the meeting, cause stupid old grandpa wanted the radio and I didn't want to bring it down, because I knew there wasn't any news on so my parents had a cow, so I HAD to bring it down. He only listened to it for one minute! (it was kinda funny, but I was MAD)

March 23
Today we had to go back to school. Yuck!

It was blah (like everything else, nothing exciting or anything).

The public schools got to go to Spring vacation this week. How maddening. and we 3,6,8th grades have to take a big old math test to see if they should get new math books.

I went to Pathfinders and old Ron kept hanging around me. I told him to leave me alone. I also made a kite.

I like Stephen (he's cute). The pastor's son. They say he's "holy", but I don't think so. I talked to Otis too, even if I did have a stupid dream about him.

March 24
Today was Tuesday, so I had to have piano, yuck. I can't wait until the new teacher, named Kelly, comes. I hope he's good.

During reading, I went to get my new glasses, they are yuck, but I'll get used to them.

We had a test in History, yuck.

I went to the meeting tonight and I took Murtle and Cheryle took JR - he's a different kind of turtle than mine.

March 25
Today was Wednesday and Jerry D had worship.

I bought my lunch today, they had spaghetti and the rest.

In Home Ec. I finished my dress, except for the button holes. I would have had that done if Mrs. F hadn't made me put cloth under it (dumb). I made my kite tonight, but I didn't fly it.

March 26
Today was Thursday and we have to have a math test tomorrow (yuck).

We have to have skill tests in PE. Yuck.

I flew my kite. I mean Otis did, but I couldn't help it, Stupid old Ron had to be there too. I WISH HE WOULD LEAVE ME ALONE!

My kite flies ok.

I went to recreation and played ping pong. I almost won Jerry D 8-21 that was pretty close, not like 1-21 like the rest.

Ron and Otis say Ernie broke a lock so Mrs. R said she's going to quit the church (I bet Ron did it).

March 27
Today was Jerry D's last time for the meetings at our school.

We had that math test and nobody (I hope) knew how to do the second part, so I flunked.

Today was Friday, so I baked a cake, but dad didn't get any frosting, so I had to use that other junk.

I went to the meeting tonight, and I like Billy H again, he's cute, at least he talks to me.

My grandmother was baptized tonight. She was kinda scared.

I was right, Ron did break the lock (so did Otis). Otis appologized to my dad, but stupid old Ron didn't.

March 28
Today we had communion service. I did it with my mom. the new church choir sang. I kinda wanted to be in it, but I forgot and I thought it was for older folks, but it's not, so I might join.

I read my new Bible and finished Matthew. It's pretty good.

I went to the meeting tonight and played with the brats. I sat by Chet (a friend) and Tony a brat said we were getting married, etc. and then this bratty kid named Cheryle kept hanging on me.

I got the Uke (Ukelele) tonight! Melody, a girl, is a friend of mine all the sudden. I went to the last part of "Zebra in Kitchen", it was OK.

March 29
Today I got up early because of the kite flying contest. I had fun there. I went over with Michele.

I had to get Elder D's hat for he can't leave that. I won third place in the 3 foot and over ages 13-15, because only 4 participated and Cheryle's kite broke. My bow string stretched so it didn't fly very good. So I had to get 3rd. There were some unusual kites there.

Mr. H probably sold our house, we went to C today to see him. I saw Freddy P and he laughed because I used to write to him. How dumb (he's cute). I went to the meeting tonight.

March 30
I had to go back to school again. yuck! I got 60 on the the match test - so I got a C, I was lucky.

My dad got me a radio from the D. It works ok. I can play the Uke better now.

I flew my kite today, and the string broke, so me and Ranele went after it, we had fun in the old lady's yard. We found the kite on the top of a big tree. I'll make another one probably.

I was reading "Dunbars Cove". It's real good. I got to borrow Sue's Uke. I like to play it, it's cool.

March 31
No entry.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home