Blue Blog

This blog will chronicle a diary I kept from December 1970 through June 1970 when I was 13 years old. I will also post pictures that pertain to the entries made during that month. The pictures will be ones that I think are representative of what was happening in my life at the time. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

February 1970

February 1, 1970
Today was Sunday. I put away stamps all morning. In the afternoon we went and I got my jumper pattern for Home Ec. The material I got is wide wale corderoy - off white color. Real cool. Then we went to Eureka Canyon, where we used to live, and got some ferns. After we got home, I put away some more stamps. Then I went to Sue's and watched Walt Disney. It was sure good.

February 2
No entry

February 3
Sorry I didn't write yesterday, I keep forgetting.

I'm sick of Cheryle, she goes around shoving everybody.

We are having a math test tomorrow - yeck! I'm getting an A- in spelling and a B+ in English.

In PE we played basketball. It's yeck - especially with Kim, she says she's resigning (yeah!).

Tonight was Parent Teacher Association (PTA). They had a program for veterans and Americans. The youngest member in the family had to put a sticker on their parents. I was the oldest one there. After that we played basketball. It was fun.

February 4
We got out of having our math test - thank goodness. In Home Ec we cut our patterns. I cut mine wrong, so now I have to have a seam down the back. It's going to look funny. We had drill day in PE (Halleluja). I made a basket from way back. Boy was I surprised. I was the only one that did.

I rode the bus tonight. Cheryle makes me SICK.

A new boy came to school today. His name is Steve. He's in the seventh grad. I think he's cute.

February 5
Our teacher was sick today, so we had Mrs. O. We had a fifteen minute break between Religion and math and we aren't supposed to have any. I couldn't find my suit, so I didn't do PE.

On the way home, Corkey asked me if I was going to the banquet. I said yes. He asked with whom. I said "myself". Then he asked how many were going in our class and if there were any couples. I said "one".

Well, bi.

February 6
Today was Friday. Out teacher was back today. In assembly today, the new boy's dad (Steve) spoke. He's the pastor of the S church. The last pastor's sons name was Steve too and he was in the same grade.

We had a real neat basketball game for PE today. Girls against the boys. Mr. H was on our side - we won.

I baked a cake this afternoon. Half with frosting and half without, because my parents are on a diet. My dad doesn't like it.

February 7
Today I went to church and I sat by Mr. Mc.

This afternoon, I went with the Pathfinders on a hike from Rio Del Mar beach to MBA which is 6 miles. We ran for about a mile. So I'm pretty sore.

We had worship, then ate popcorn, banana marshmallow's which was horrid, and hot chocolate. After that we ditched the group and went to spy on the boys, it was scary, but fun. We saw Ron (yuck) and we got scared and ran away screaming. He said he was just as scared, because he went running down the hill too.

February 8
Today was Sunday, and I read books all morning. In the afternoon, my parents went to town. My mom got a new dress and sweater. I haven't gotten one thing all this school year. All my friends have, and it makes me mad.

This afternoon, I went horseback riding with Sue. Cheryle was there (she ruins everything). We rode Seneca, a black horse. She's very pretty.

We watched the last part of Smoke. It was good. He ran away with Smoke and slept in a barn because the owner claimed him. The horse caught on fire and then he remembered his real father. He came back home though. It was good.

February 9
Today we had our test in Religion. I hope I get a good grade. I don't know any of the memory verses. We got our report cards today. I got good grades. 3 A's no C's or D's.

In Pathfinders, I had to play the National Anthem. It was Blah. We got in a fight with stupid Old Mrs. C. (I hate her). We got a new counselor. She's REAL NICE (I like her).

Stupid Ole Ron said he want to go steady. I HATE HIM. Well, I like Corkey (ha ha). Bi.

February 10
Today was my piano lesson. It's getting better. She said that Donna, Jackie, and I could join the 9th and 10th grade choir for a special program.

I can't stand Corkey. I'll just like him for a friend from now on.

The banquet is February 17 and our field trip is March 16. Bi.

February 11
I had to play the piano today because Pam was sick. Donna, Jackie and I went to choir. It was OK. Mr H said I couldn't do it if I didn't bring up my grade in math in three weeks. I got a C, that's average. Oh Well. Today was Home Ec. I sewed the darts on my dress today.

We had fun at PE. It was Wanda, Michele and me against Sandy, Barbra, and Yvonne. It was funny. We won it. It was the best game, because Kim wasn't there.

Ron gave me a poem. It was embarassing.

February 12
No entry.

February 13
Today was Friday (finally). We had a party for Valentine's Day. It was OK. I brought candy hearts. This morning I had to play the piano (yuck). During the party we played basketball and played on the ropes.

Well tomorrow, I go to Donna's.

I read Jean and Johnny. It was so good. I think it pertains to me because I'm 5 feet tall and she was 5'1''. I hated Johnny after I found out what he was like and I liked Homer. He's a good guy.

Well Bi.

February 14
Today was church. I went to the W church with Jackie. EW had the sermon. I went to Donna's house afterwards (for a slumber party - it was Donna's birthday). Doug (Donna's brother) was going to show me the paint he was going to use for the costume party, dropped it, and got it all over my pretty green dress. Most of it came out.

Tonight was the costume party. I was a doll with pink cheeks. It was a pretty good party. Debra and I went to the gym to get some things. At 11:40, all of us girls with our PJ's on (pajamas) went to get taco's at Taco Bell. We had a lot of fun. When we saw this boy and girl, we yelled out "we understand".

February 15
At 3:15 a.m. we played "Funnybones" a real cool game, then we ate potato chips and dip. This morning we had waffles and cherries. MMM. At 10 and 10:30, we went to play tennis. It was fun, until we got sick of it. We stayed until 1:00. Denise, a girl at the party, is going to make me a vest for $3.00. It's her project for a charity. She'll make it brown.

February 16
No entry.

February 17
Today was piano lesson. I got a new, really hard song for the fourth grade level, and I'm in the third year.

In choir, Mrs. P gave us a lecture on long-haired music, etc.

Michele curled my hair for the banquet, but it didn't turn out (naturally). We had a blast. My date was Sam (aka Kathy) (her nickname is Sammy). MBA was our entertainment. It was Really good. The food was yuck.

Well, Bi.

February 18
Today in Home Ec, I almost finished my dress. I only have to hem it.

In worship, Mr. H said he gave WE his entree (from the banquet last night) and EW is sick today.

In PE I got hit really hard in the nose and that smarts. It still aches.

Surprise! Corkey said Hi. I said I wasn't going to say Hi, unless he said it first.

I took Murtle (my turtle) to school. I guess he had fun (after school).

Well, Bi.

February 19
Guess what I got on my math test? I got 90%. Surprise! Mrs. P told us a story about a piano. It was good. She showed us a picture of it and how it sounds. The keyboard was from the pole from Solomon's temple. It sounds like a harp and is elaborately carved.

In PE we only had two of us girls on our team to seven on the other team. Mr. Mc helped. Boy they were sure rough.

Dad played "Finance" (The same as Monopoly). It was fun. I won.

Good-nite.

February 20
No entry.

February 21
Today I had to play the piano at church as usual. I made a lot of mistakes, as usual too.

This afternoon I took Murtle out to take a sun bath while I read the youth magazine from church. All she did was hide in the grass. Once I peeked in on her and she was watching me. So I brought her in. She's under my pillow now.

I watched a movie at school "Billie's Desk" I have seen it before. It's about 30 years old (1930's or so). They also showed "Run Appolusa Run". It was exciting.

February 22
Today was Sunday. I wrote to the Zoo Society in San Diego asking them what to feed my turtle. I put away the books in my new bookshelf. Guess what! My turtle (Murtle) decided she was hungry and ate all of her food. I even had to give her more! It was sure happy (I guess the exercise does her good).

I went to S to help decorate the hall for tomorrow night. I walked home with Michele and Ranele

I went to Sue's house to watch "Born Free" and Glen Campbell. He'ls so cute.

Well Bi (for one day).

February 23
Today is Washington's Birthday and we went and put our house up for sale.

Then we went to Vessly's and I got my pattern. Then we went to the pet shop and got a thing for Murtle - a tank like thing with a pool etc.

This afternoon we went back there and got some rocks and a bridge for Murtle. My brother wanted to get a desert tortoise, but you can't buy them. I went with mom to the lab (where she works). I stayed for two hours and called for dad to pick me up.

The Pathfinder thing was tonight, but we didn't go.

Bi.

P.S. I got the record "Hair" (finally).

February 24
Today we were supposed to get a new girl (she was at church). Her name is Sherie. She also has reddish hair, like Jimmy. He can't wait to see her. She's kinda cute, with really nice clothes.

In music, Mrs. P was sick, so we didn't have choir. Mr. H didn't know it so we had a 45 minute free period.

I guess Murtle likes her new home.

I washed my hair tonight (it needs it).

Well, Bi.

February 25
Today was Wednesday. I'm off a day someplace in here (this diary). Oh well, I never win.

In Home Ec I'm putting the hem on my dress.

Murtle sure loves to eat. He finally went to the bathroom.

Michele got mad at Cindy today.

We practiced "The Lonely Goat Herd".

I got the zipper etc. for my dress today. I'll get the material tomorrow or Friday.

February 26
Today Mr. H was in a BAD mood. The gang had to stay in their seats ALL day. And then Mr. H bawled them out. Now they can't talk or be together on the school grounds.

In music we had another free period with nobody there.

We had game day. We almost won Cherie's team (16 to 18).

I looked up my information on Heaven. I hope they like it.

Bye.

February 27
No entry

February 28
Today I had to play the piano at church and I had the opening prayer (as usual). I had the lesson study on Heaven. It was OK.

I went for a drive today, because Ole Ron keeps calling me up and I HATE THE STUPID BXXXXXX. He called once when I was home and I wouldn't answer, so my brother hung up on him. He called again, and my brother hung it up. He makes me SICK. There was skating tonight. It was ok.





February 24



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home